Saturday, April 24, 2010

How I became a Chiropractor

So here we go!
When I was in 8th grade, my mom had a graduation party for my Uncle and my Aunt, who had both just graduated Logan Chiropractic College. Well I thought that was pretty neat, so that's what I wanted to do. I was young and very naive. But I did understand what a chiropractor did, so I thought that counted. But then when I was 15 my mom got a job as a CA with a Chiropractor in Medford N.J. So I started going to him, and realized that my "funny walk" was getting better, and my allergies were getting better. At 15 I also met my now husband, (Dr.SeanMatteo)who also went to a Chiropractor in Cherry Hill NJ. in the basement of a dentist office. I watched him get adjusted and realized how different he was compared to my uncle, aunt, and my Chiropractor. This was getting interesting. I continued on in High School, told everyone of my friends, teachers and family that I was going to be a Chiropractor. I took all the Science classes, but I was horrible at math. But I decided that being a Chiropractor was a dream of mine, and I was going to do it. I continued with Chiropractic care through out High School and my mom continued to work for him for 10 more years. Looking back on it now I can remember never getting sick, I remember having more energy, and being very happy. So my math grades were not good, so I looked into community college in our county and saw they had a Pre-med/pre-Chiropractic program so I decided to do go there. Organic Chemistry was by far my hardest class I ever took in my life. The class was dedicated to Chemistry majors. It was a turning point for me, I had a 40% during midterms, I had two more exams to make it or break it. The the next class offered was the following year, because the spring was Organic II, which would have put me back 1 years time. So I dug down so deep and studied and recorded every lecture, listened and wrote out every word she said and passed Organic Chem. with a C+. You needed a C or better for Chiropractic College. For me Organic Chem II was much easier, I just repeated all my steps, to get myself out of there. Then after two years I went to Rutger's University and grauated with my Bioloical Science Degree, (oh yes I beat Sean with Calculus I got a A, just had to say that because anyone who knows my husband, he is the type that can go to class, listen, learn and then Ace a test, me had to study, study, study and would get either the same grade or a 1/2 grade lower than him). Then of to Logan Chiropractic College. This was a synopsis, tomorrow Blog I will tell you Why I chose Logan Chiropractic College.

No comments:

Post a Comment